Tuesday, October 23, 2007

California


My trip to California was o.k. We spent half of the trip driving there and back. While we were there we went to the San Diego zoo. As you can imagine it was pretty stinky; there were lots of animals! To top it all of it was a scorching 80 degrees! Warm weather probably sounds nice to most of you, but I've always been the winter loving girl.

My favorite animal at the zoo was the gorilla. It looked really mean! So I pointed at the gorilla and laughed "Hey, look! It's Bobo!" My parents stared at me like I was crazy, and that made me blush.

After that we went for a hot air balloon ride. It was really fun! I’ve always wanted to go up in a hot air balloon. We were about 500 ft in the air and we floated in one place the whole time. It was really sunny up there since it was a cloudless day.

After our balloon ride we went to see the lions; the animal I was most excited to see. I’ve loved lions ever since I saw the Lion King; I was about five years old when that came out. When we came to the lion enclosure I was pretty disappointed, there weren’t any actual "lions" in there. There were two lionesses that looked like they could die of old age at any moment. They were just laying there, sleeping during the middle of the day. Right after seeing the sleepy lionesses, my family drove back to the hotel for the last time; we left the next morning.

1 comment:

Panda Girl said...

LOL That's so funny that you remembered Bobo1 LOL :D