Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Haikus

You might have guessed this from the unusually happy way in which I decided to write Haikus outside of class, but in case you didn't notice, I am so excited for Spring! I've missed playing soccer, and I'm totally getting a different kind of kick from the sunny weather. It's amazing to wake up to the bird's chirping and the bright light leaking in through my window!

Hot, bright light illuminates;
green arms are stretching,
embracing the sky above.





Penetrating tears fall down--
Trickling from heaven,
the sad blue drops giving life.


Bright colors shoot from the ground
Dancing with the wind;
Laughing at the hot, white sun.

2 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

Nice haikus! I especially like the first one, with the grass. :)

Anonymous said...

:D Thanks!