Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sonnet 1 Does he love me?

     For Honors English, we had to write a sonnet. Yeah, that's right, a sonnet! A poem that is as mushy gushy as you can make it! Sounds fun right? It's not my normal style of writing that's for sure... When I mention "azure" eyes I'm not really thinking of one specific person. This is written in the basic Shakespearean format, "ABAB CDCD FGFG HH." Every line should have ten syllables if my calculations remain correct. The first eight are meant to be a question, line eight is the transition, and the rest are of the lines are the answer. Enjoy!




As the leaves of fall descend upon me,

A new love blooms like the blossoms of spring.

Was it meant for this blooming love to be?

My heart is mending like an old bird’s wing.

A once broken heart is once again whole.

I look into his eyes in puzzlement,

His azure eyes are windows to his soul.

Does he feel the same, this angel heav’n sent?

Sighing, I hope, begging the stars to know.

Our love is not seen or heard, only felt;

Springing up from the ground where seeds do sow.

His eyes drift away, I feel my heart melt.

What can be, what may be, cannot be told,

I love his heart which is as pure as gold.

3 comments:

۰Қåїŧ۰ said...

Aw, Beth look how soft you've gotten! Haha, but, seriously, it's awesome! I really like that sonnet...

Panda Girl said...

That's so cute!! I love it!! Though it is pretty mushy... haha!

Anonymous said...

>_< Wow... Everyone seems to like it lol. Seriously whenever someone tells me that they've read it, I turn bright red and feel really embarrassed lol. But I haven't had anything to write about in the longest time, so I don't mind the embarrassment too much. I even got the comment that I sound like Stephanie Meyer *shudder*