Sunday, December 2, 2007

That's the Christmas spirit!!!


In the next few blogs I will tell you about some cute Christmas stories that have happened in my family. Each involves a Santa like figure.

One day my little brother decided that he wanted to buy Christmas presents for all five people in our family. It was a very nice act, but seven year olds don't make that much money. Even so he was very determined to feel the happiness of giving. So Michael saved up money the whole year so that he could by us Christmas presents. When it finally reached December, my dad took Michael to Sam's Club to buy the gifts. In the process of finding Christmas presents the eleven dollars that my brother had saved fell out of his pocket. A few minutes later my brother reached into his pocket to feel the money that he earned, but there was a problem, it wasn't there! As you can imagine it broke my brother’s heart. All of his money that he had earned all year was gone! Tearfully he tole my dad what had happened. My dad was also heart broken to see his little boy so sad. He took Mike up to the lost and found and told the workers about the money that Mike had lost. The employees spoke on the loud speaker.
" A little boy has lost eleven dollars that he has saved to buy Christmas presents, if anyone sees it please bring it to the lost and found, thank you." I'm sure that there were lots of dishonest people that went looking for the money so that they could put it in their wallets. Most likely the money was found by someone like that, but that's not important to this story. Just as the employee finished his sentence, Santa Clause came jogging towards us. He was probably just an old man trying to earn a little money for the holidays, but he gave up some of his earnings to a little boy that he had never met.
"Here you go little guy, I found your money!" He then handed my brother eleven dollars. My dad felt a lump in his throat.
"Thank you." he whispered.

I don't know if you believe in karma, but I do. That same December we went to Universal Studios for Christmas break. As we were walking towards the entrance, my dad spotted a little bundle of dollar bills wrapped up in a little ribbon. As he looked at that money he had a flash back of when Mike lost his money. That money could belong to a poor little kid like Mike! My dad took the money, and immediately after we entered the park we went to lost and found. Dad told the stunned employee that he had found that roll of money on the street, and thought that it might belong to a little kid. The employee looked at my dad in amazement; his eyes became as round as quarters.
"Sir, I have never seen anyone as honest as you! I must reward you for something as kind hearted as this!" He reached into the shiny cashier box and handed my dad five front of the line passes, one for everyone in my family, valid for the whole day! Kindness is never unrewarded; I love the spirit that Christmas brings!

1 comment:

Panda Girl said...

Wow that's good! Good job to your dad! And to that Santa guy!!!

P.S. Love your new layout!!!